Looking back on 2010, it has been a good year for me on the bike. I had put 1,672 miles on the bike for 2009. I had set a goal of 2,400 miles for the year 2010, so I exceeded the goal. Once I saw I was going to exceed the goal I reset it to 3,000, so I exceeded that one too. My first event of the year was Ride Yellow. I had cut 30 minutes off my time from 2009. I felt good about that. My only other goal was to ride the Pensacola Classic which I did. I would have liked to have placed better, but it had been a long time since I raced, so I'm not going to beat myself up too bad about my performance. I did ride a sanctioned race in Dothan.
Towards the end of the year I've been feeling pretty good on the bike. I actually feel like I'm about where I should be, feeling strong and able to hang in there most of the time. I've had several rides this year over a 100k, but my longest has been 68 miles. So, I'll say 2010 has been a good year for the bike.
Now for 2011: I'm having a hard time setting goals. Maybe it's because I've been sick or maybe it is the uncertainty of the economy. Probably it's all that plus I hate making commitments.
- I had wanted to pursue a R-12 with RUSA, but I don't see that happening. I will join RUSA and lets see where it goes from there.
- I will try to get one of my 200k rides to become a RUSA ride. Also, will see about getting more RUSA riders here locally.
- I will ride Ride Yellow again. I hope to do even better this year.
- I will ride the Pensacola Classic again. I hope to put in a better performance this year.
- I will get a racing license and do at least 6 sanctioned races.
- I will set my total mileage goal to 5k miles for the year. I really want to do that, but it all depends. It might be pushing it.
That's it. Let's see how it goes. Happy New Year everyone!